Hmm, poems? What poems?
I'm giving this to my 7th graders tomorrow to prove a point. We'll see how it goes.
Read the directions all the way through before completing any tasks.
1. Put your name on the paper, but not the block.
2. Draw a smiley face in the top left corner of this paper.
3. Underline all the e's in this sentence.
4. Underline all the e's in #1.
5. What is the name of your favorite pet, past or present?
6. How long have you lived in the house you are currently in?
7. Circle the number seven.
8. What is your favorite color?
9. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
10. Cross out your last name and write your first name instead.
11. Draw a frowny face in the bottom left corner of this paper.
12. What is your favorite animal?
13. Fold the paper in half and put it in the top right corner of your desk, then get out your Independent Reading book and read.
14. Go back and only do 1, 7, 10, and 13
15. Thank you for participating – please read directions!