Thursday, March 18, 2010

Gardening

I have nothing new to tell or offer you today, or not just now at least. I do, however, have a question: How do I start a garden? It is getting to that time of the year, and I have no idea what to plant or when or how to take care of it or ANYTHING. I live in southwestern Colorado; other than that, I can't tell you about the dirt. Our backyard is freakin' tiny and faces West, so it really only gets half-day sun. The only things I really want are a couple of tomato plants and some herbs like rosemary, mint, and basil. Other than that... things that are easy to grow/hard to kill, yummy, and won't really make much more than two people can eat and/or freeze. (I'm don't want to can stuff.)

Help! If you have any good blogs or websites to recommend, or just plain ol' advice for a first-time gardener, please leave comments here!

1 comment:

alw_ays said...

Yay gardening!

I do better when people don't ask me questions about things I love to do anyway.

Thus, my comment got too long very early on, so see my 365 for it.