Thursday, December 31, 2009

Goodbye 2009

The year two-thousand-and-nine was a tough one. I went back to school and had to deal with late nights of homework and learning new (sometimes scary) things. We bought a house and found out more than we ever wanted to know about mortgages, loans, and working on something that's entirely ours (and the bank's). We dropped down to one income, since I've only worked a few shifts here and there since July, due to the massive amount of school stuff I've been doing.

But here we are, at the end of another year. I also met some great people who are interested in English and young people and teaching, like me. I had some great experiences with "my" kids at the middle school where I've been student teaching. I love our home, and I love that we finally have our first dog together.

It's been hard, it's been tiring, but I'm happy.

Since Matt has a cold and our company can't make it due to yucky weather over the passes, we're going to take it easy today and tonight. Have a fun and blessed 2010!

And go read this post, since this sums things up more nicely than I can at the moment.

1 comment:

Sherry Ficklin said...

Happy New Year, Heather! Here's hoping all your new year's dreams come true!