1. Yes, I know it's Thursday. But I'll be busy busy busy tomorrow from the time I wake up until after midnight, since I'm staying up to start my NaNo novel at the stroke of 12 when it's officially November 1st. And this actually might turn into more of a "what I need to get done" list, but we'll see how it goes.
2. Mom's coming up tomorrow to go to the party at the hippie/vintage place with me! She's going to be Cruella deVille (sp?).
Not sure what, exactly, that will entail, but I think she's going to spray half of her hair white and wear the black dress and red heels. I was Audrey Hepburn's character in Breakfast at Tiffany's for Halloween a few years ago; wonder if I could find my fake long cigarette holder....
3. Gotta vote today! This is the second-to-last day of early voting, and I DON'T want to stand in line for five hours on election day. Although in '04 I don't remember it being too bad. They have enough places open that there aren't too many people at one voting center.
4. After voting I need to run to the store, drop off the rent check, and NOT go to the library like I thought I did! Whew, one less thing to do. I forgot I'd renewed the book I'm still reading so I have it for another week. (By the way, I really like it! Who would've thought I'd be such a Louisa May Alcott fan? I'm still reading Little Men on Project Gutenburg while I knit, too.)
5. Once I'm home, I need to cook the chicken I intend to put on my salad for supper (along with black beans, a little grated cheese, and Ceasar dressing--yum!). After THAT, I need to go to work--and close. *SIGH* Better get to drinking my coffee!
6. Last Friday was, well, just a bad day all around. Won't go into details, but suffice it to say that I hate money--or rather, not having any--and was bummed about it. To try and cheer myself up, I started messing with some ribbon I got on clearance after last Halloween, and made hair bows. It worked, to some extent! Both the bows and the cheering-up.
I know I look like Cousin It, but it's hard to take a picture of the side of your own head. Also, this is in my bathroom. It's Pirates of the Caribbean-themed. I should give you a tour sometime...
I made the bow and sewed it onto the ribbon "tails," then stitched it all onto a little bitty clippy. You know those silver ones that snap closed? Doesn't do much to actually hold my hair out of my face, but it looks cute! I have two matching ones, as well as some lengths of the same ribbons I just tied around my throat for a choker. I'll wear it all to work again today.
7. I apologize in advance for this, but... well... I've found myself, against my will, kinda... liking this song. This song that's... by the Pussycat Dolls. *Wince* I know, I know! But it's just so catchy!
(Warning: Scantily-clad chicks, bad lyrics, and worse fashion below. Click at your own peril)
I have the chorus memorized....
8. Enjoy any festivities you might take part in tomorrow, whether it's pumpkin-carving, trick-or-treating, partying, or just eating candy. And post costume pictures the next day!