1. If you read my blog through RSS or similar, I have a new banner up. Check it out, if you'd like! Since it's Christmas-y, it'll probably only be up another week.
2. We had pictures taken last week by a friend, and I'm so pleased with how they turned out! Thank you so much, Kevin. We're getting prints made for Christmas presents, as well as to send out in cards (though the cards will probably be late). Here's a sampling:
(All the above photos are copyright kvon 2008)
3. The cookie/candy-making with Mom was a success! We were a little rushed, since a lot of other things were going on that weekend, but we got "Mock Snickerdoodles" made, as well as plain sugar cookies (I never had time to frost my half which I took home, but they were delicious just plain--Jen, it's an Alton Brown recipe!) and... I'm not sure what it's called. Almond-cranberry bark? You melt white chocolate and spread it on a cookie sheet with waxed paper on it; sprinkle on almonds and dried cranberries; drizzle with melted chocolate chips; let cool in fridge; break into pieces and eat. Yum!
4. Also while at Mom and Dad's, I experienced the first big snow of the season! (They'd had snow there already, but it had just been rain where I live.)
This was taken through the upstairs window at about 1am, but that gives you an idea. So pretty! Not a ton of fun to drive home in the next day, but I'm glad we're finally going to have a white Christmas! I don't remember the first snow being this late in the season! There are more snow pictures to come.
5. I got two new dresses the other day. For $5 each!!! I tried on a solid turquoise one and liked it, then figured I would get the plaid as well.
I love the plaid one even more! They're both great with tights and boots in the winter, and since they're 97%/3% cotton/spandex, they'll be wonderful with sandals in the summer, too. I love a bargain!
Fab button detail, and the waist is elastic so it just slips on over my head. However, wearing these over tights requires a slip, which I haven't got around to making yet, so it was kind of... static-y when I wore it the other day. In all my spare time, I should sew a short slip. (Say that five times fast!)
6. I came home from Wal-Mart today frustrated and upset at some little thing, but it seemed like a big thing after working 7:30-4:30 (9 hours because I had a meeting at the end of my shift). This made it a little better, though.
Matt had set this on my desk, and after crying on him for several minutes (and feeling like a doofus because there was really nothing to cry about!) this made me start crying again with happiness. What a sweetie. He hates chocolate + orange flavors, so I never have to share these!
7. Why am I still awake? (Too busy on Friday, so I'm writing this Thursday night and setting it to post Friday morning.)
8. The cupcake apron!
I love how it turned out, except I made the waistband a little too wide, so it sort of scrunches up when it's tied on. Oh well. The recipient loved it, and I'm glad! What should I make with the scraps? I love those fabrics together!