1. I have the lining of my Tudor gown bodice almost ready to go. I used two pieces of muslin instead of one piece of muslin and one piece of heavy interfacing. I would like to breathe at least a little at the faire. But I am attempting the "boning" which means, in my case, zip ties. Cheap, plentiful, and not so stiff they'll squish me. I've sewn the 22 channels, four each in both back pieces, and 14 in the front. The zip ties I got today weren't satisfactory, though, so I'll be buying better ones and inserting them tomorrow. Wish me luck!
2. I haven't been doing so well with my chores this past week. Last week I did none of the weekly ones except my walks, and toward the end of the week I'd stopped making the bed every day. *Sigh* But it's a new week now (if three days into it already), and I'm going to try and do better.
3. If you haven't watched this kiwi video, you need to. *Sniff* (I tried to put the actual video here, but apparently the internet hates me tonight. ARGH.)
4. A woman came through my check-out line at work today wearing two vests. She had on a white t-shirt, close-fitting, with a short vest buttoned over the top of it... and then another similar vest open over the top of that. Both vests had black satin backs, and both had some sort of ribbon-through-a-buckle to tighten them (is there a technical word for that?) in the back. I saw this because the outer vest was shorter than the under. They were both black, though I think the outer vest had thin grey pinstripes. It was most peculiar. I also remember that she had very very long earrings made up of several different types of chains; they brushed the tops of her shoulders. Hm.
5. I cannot believe how fast this month has gone. Actually, this entire year seems to have flown by! In just a few more days, I'll be hosting a picnic in the park with a few girlfriends, just for the sake of getting together to catch up and have fun. And then the following weekend, we'll be at Liz and Jamie's for the Renaissance faire!
6. The faire weekend is also our 5th anniversary! Let's see, five years ago today I was probably.... making the boutonnieres for the men in the wedding party to wear, as well as my bouquet and my bridesmaids' (they were all fake flowers; I still have my bouquet lying atop one of our bookshelves). In a few more days, family would be coming in from out of town. Matt and I were making several trips over the course of a couple weeks up to our new apartment, an hour and a half from where we lived at the time, to fill it with used furniture. We've come so far in such a short amount of time, but it also simultaneously seems like I've known him forever.
7. I want to go see Mama Mia!, and I have a free movie ticket from a friend, but I can't use it until, I believe, July 29th because you have to wait 12 days after a new movie comes out if you want to use that free ticket. I'll be out of town August 1st-3rd for the faire, but would anyone like to come see it with me later that week? I know I'll have the 4th off because I always have Mondays off for writers' group. Let me know!
8. I think I am out of things to say. I hope you're all having a wonderful week so far!