Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Hand Cramps

From sewing. Hand-sewing the trim onto my French hood, and cutting slits inside the buttonholes on my bodice. (It laces up! It fits! It's great! I'm awesome!) Pinning pleats on the skirt front and squeezing my lovely spring-loaded scissors again and again and again. Owwww my little girlie hand muscles.

But I must endure! I will make it! And I will win the blogging contest, Carrington! Which is why I'm posting for the 4th time in about 24 hours. :)

In my last list of "things to finish on my gown before we go," I forgot to add that I need to do the underskirt. >.< But that's just a big tapered rectangle that needs to be hemmed all the way around. I'm not making the whole underskirt, just the front panel that will show, so I'll run a ribbon through the top to tie it on and call it good. Maybe pin the bottom to my chemise so it doesn't slide around.

Also, I need to hem Matt's pants, and redo the stinkin' collar of his shirt! But I can do it! I can do it, I can do it, I can do it! I have all day today off, and almost 10 more hours of sewing machine time. After 10, the machine cut-off, I can finish my French hood and hand-sew the straps down on the bodice. And tomorrow I get off work at 3:45 so I can do Matt's stuff then.

I'm sure you're really extremely sick of hearing about this project by now, and I'm sorry. One more day after this, and then I'll be gone for the weekend. The last you'll see of the gown is pictures at the faire, okay? And this coincides nicely with the last two days of the blogging contest, so at least I have fodder.

Does anyone know what tomorrow is? :D It's not exactly a holiday, but it's sort of something to celebrate, if you're a geek like I am. Anyone? Whoever guesses it first in the comments can request that I write a post or small short story on anything they choose. Leave your request with your guess in the comments.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

I just want to guess.

It's Harry Potters Birthday. hee hee hee

Heather In Progress said...

Dindingding! You win! :) Is there anything in particular you'd like me to write about?

Anonymous said...

Never, never,
attempt,
to compete with Heather.

Heather In Progress said...

Hello, Cher! Is this C from writing group? Or someone else? Just checking. *Waves*

And yes, I can be very competitive when it's something I'm passionate about (writing, sewing, reading). I may get up to the very last second before the deadline, but dadgum it, I'll have it finished on time!