Monday, July 07, 2008

Parade!

Okay, if this post looks horrible, I'm sorry. I've never done pictures on Blogger, so this might be edited 291849397592837 times before I can get it right. Here are some photos of Mom's float for her tea parlour in the Independence Day parade.


L to R: Dad, Aunt Pat, Great Aunt Barbara, Mom, Grandma, Me. Dad drove, of course, and the rest of us were having a tea party in the back of the truck. We decorated all our hats, and took tea cups and such from the restaurant to use.


Yes, I made my skirt. I don't think you could buy anything quite that tacky *cough* I mean patriotic, in a store. It's trimmed with white eyelet lace and made from whatever cotton or cotton/polyester I had in my stash. Red and white stripes, blue with white stars, and solid blue because I didn't have enough of the other two to make a whole skirt.


Dad's truck all decorated. It had "Have Lunch at (name of restaurant)" painted on freezer paper on the sides; all the lettering and painting was done by me, and it looked kind of fabulous, if I do say so myself. :)

It was very very hot, but we had ice water in our tea cups, and we all had fans. We were second in line, right after the color guard, so as soon as we reached the end of the route, we just turned off and drove home! All in all a success, and some good advertising for Mom's tea parlour.

(All right, that took WAY longer than it should have. WHY does Blogspot always insert your pictures at the top? If I have my cursor somewhere, it should insert the picture where the cursor is!!! Is there a way to get around this? Some kind of trick? Am I missing something? HELP! Because that was a huge ridiculous stupid pain in the behind and I'm not going to post pictures on my blog if it's always that difficult. Other people post lots of pictures. Are they just more patient than me, or do they know a better way to do it?)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

That looks like fun!

I haven't figured out the Blogspot photo thing, either. Stupid that it inserts the picture at the top and all. So I just use Flickr.

The Go to Girl said...

When you come over tomorrow, I'll show you how I do it. I don't understand how you're doing it, but I do know that it's not supposed to be that complicated.

Heather In Progress said...

Thank you sooooooooooo much, Carrington, because it is SUCH a pain! I'll bring my laptop if I remember, and the guys can talk about geek things while you help me!