Saturday, July 12, 2008

Speak up!

I'm so tired of people who mumble or talk too softly to be heard! Unless you have a sore throat, there is no reason for you to talk like that when you're out in public. There are a series of questions I have to ask every customer as I check them out at work, and if I have to say "Excuse me?" after everything they say, I feel like a moron. SPEAK UP! Some of these annoying people are men, which I wouldn't really expect. Are they too delicate to speak like a normal person? Do I intimidate people and they're afraid to speak up around me? Give me a break!

While I'm at it, how about if some of them take a shower and brush their teeth, too?

Okay, rant over. Thanks for letting me vent.

I've kept up with almost all my chores every day this week except for the one day with company. One or two days I was too busy/tired to do much, so I just counted small things. For "living room," I de-cluttered the top of the little dresser and put away the movies on the floor and called it good; for "kitchen," I just unloaded the dishwasher and loaded the few dirty dishes. There's half a sink of things to be washed, and I could stand to fold some fabric that's been laying over the back of a chair in the living room for.... er, a while, but some days I just can't do everything I'd like to. But! I'm quite pleased that I made the bed every day, even if it was an hour before we got back in it for the night. Feels good to do just that little thing every day, and it makes the whole room look spiffier despite the piles o' clothes around.

The only thing I didn't succeed in doing was to do some form of exercise twice this week. Boooo. I was planning on going on a walk at least once, and maybe digging out my old yoga book, which I used to do regularly a while back. I know I'm out of shape, and I can hardly walk fast from one end of the store to the other without getting a little out of breath, and this makes me feel a little pathetic. But I don't actually care that much. I don't care if I have muscles, and I hate running more than almost anything. But I can take walks, and I can do some simple yoga at home. I have scoliosis, and it would really be good for me to bend and stretch so my muscles, which have to support my crooked spine, get a little stronger. (My x-rays aren't as bad as the picture in that article, but before I wore a back brace for two years in high school, there was a pretty decent S-curve there.) I don't like waking up with a sore back at 22 years old, though wearing my good crocs (work, a black pair, and play, one black pair and one silver) help quite a bit.

I STILL need to devise something to put my chore cards in, and I need to do it by Monday night for writers' group, since that was one of my goals. I also need to bring in a 1,000-word excerpt of something, eep! I'll poke through the novel tomorrow after work and try to find something to take and read.

2 comments:

mikkers said...

I hate running too! But I really need to get into some sort of exercise routine. I've noticed that I have gained some weight since working at a desk job. In college, I usually walked off the weight since I was running to classes from one end of campus to another. Now I eat from boredom and just sit around all day. ewww...what to do for a girl who needs to excercise but doesn't like to. wii fit?

Unknown said...

Ugh, running sucks. And I hate going for walks alone. Someone or a dog needs to go with me (but, oh, how I hate to clean up after the dog, so we power-walk and she's not allowed to stop until we get home). The only problem with doing yoga on your own is actually forcing yourself to stop doing whatever you're doing and, well, do yoga instead.